Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ready at Dawn here I come!

So I worked on that mmo for a long time, the one called Wildstar I mentioned in an earlier post.  I learned a lot from working there but I was not happy with how things were.  When I started it was pretty awesome as a first job and lots of things were super amazing but towards the end it had changed so much I couldn’t really enjoy the small things anymore.  I was becoming very burnt out on dealing with everything.  It just wasn't a culture for me and wasn't the game for me.  After all I don't play traditional mmo's anyways.  I don't see the appeal to them as games.  Not to say they are bad games, just preference in the end.  I still think the game looks awesome and Cory Loftis's style is so amazing that it deserves its own big budget movie and I bet in like 6 years from now we'll see one too. But as for places I could be going to I couldn't be happier.  It was a bit of a surprise to me but some of the best news I’ve had in a long time, a really long time.  I worked really hard and didn’t give up. I learned a ton just taking a test and when I finally had my interview I was nervous and very excited to see anything I could.  You can soak up so much information from people around you, I just wanted to talk and ask so many questions but I tried to hold myself back a bit.  I’m extremely impressed with what I saw and can't wait to do whatever I can to contribute to it.  I am working as a "Design Technical Artist".  I love that my title has both “design” and “artist” in its name, my two passions in one title.  I really do feel this is a good place for me to learn, grow, and help out.  I have a lot of respect for the people there and always have.  I feel really nervous and lucky to get the chance to finally work with these people.  So wish me luck in my new endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment