i think it gives me a chance to do something outside of that toony look but still keep it slightly stylized. as well as if i do this i get two models for almost the price of one!
ok so i tried a bunch of different things to figure out which work flow is best for me since i've been away from characters so long, especially more real looking ones. first i tried just modeling it for zbrush which failed horribly. i'm much more used to traditional means so modeling it straight out with no side view and front view was kind of hard. haven't really done it that way in awhile.
embarrassed to even show this but hey it's process.
next i said screw it to this whole thing. modeling it out wasn't working. even if i did want to take it into zbrush later. so i went straight to my new friend i made last year...
good ol zspheres. you get really bad topology with these but i find it so much easier to get my shape down. at first i was going off the super stylized sketches that had the long legs but i changed that during sculpting. looking back that was dumb to even make them that long. oh well, live and learn.
so i started sculpting from that piece of crap round blob and got this basic body that's got some more realistic proportions
so i took that and put it in 3d coat and made this mesh
ok so now comes the fun part, the actual WIP of the final high poly i'll use. it's still very early on so don't judge too much but i think it's coming along and the base mesh is relatively friendly. only a few things to fix.